Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Tying loose ends..

Today was really a fantastic day. I spent most of the day just resting and packing. Then around 3 I started calling the Academic Affairs office to try and get ahold of Michele Wheaton, the woman who was assisting me yesterday with getting my class schedule fixed. I was finally able to get ahold of her and she was able to fix my schedule. I am now registered for all 10 of my credits making me a full time student. This will reinstate my scholarship and grants and because my schedule has been fixed early enough, my bill will hopefully be corrected soon.

I also received my "text book" in the mail today, which I ordered two weeks ago. I was worried about the book not arriving in time, but it thankfully arrived minutes before I finally got ahold of Michele.

I also got my taxes finished and I will be getting a refund, this is really great news because I was beginning to worry about paying for my luggage to get down and back. This makes me feel more comfortable financially considered that I am going to have no income for the next six weeks.

The last thing that will hopefully be settled is my PHEAA. I am praying that God will end this drama, and provide me with the aid that I need. I am also praying that it is decided on before I leave because it will be difficult for me to make phone calls and pay bills while being in Haiti. I am confident that this will be resolved before I leave because God has sent me on this journey and will therefore make provisions to allow me to go worry free.

No comments:

Post a Comment