Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Passport Progression.

Alliterations are wonderful, but that one isn't very good.

Today I finished applying for my passport because education majors minor in procrastination. One would think it would be an easy thing to do, but this is me we're talking about.

It started with how I still get 12th and 26th streets confused. Which is silly since I've lived in Erie my whole life, but anyways, I almost got to my appointment late. Passport 1 Katie 0.

I got there and sat down with the passport guy, honestly, if you need to get a passport go to the Presque Isle Post Office. The guy was Ron, he is in a wheel chair, and the nicest guy ever! I gave him my paper work and the first thing out of this mouth was "oh no, the back." I had gotten my passport application from the Study Abroad office at Mercyhurst, and they printed the application front and back. So right off the bat of the meeting I had to re-fill out all the paper work. Passport 2 Katie 0.

Ron continued to look over the rest of the information, birth certificate, social security card, etc. The second thing he said to me was "Who took your picture? It's all wrong! They won't accept this, we have to take a new one." Considering I had already paid $10 for the first picture from Walgreen's, and Ron had informed me over the phone that if I needed a picture taken it would cost an additional $15 (to the $135 just for getting a passport) I was quite frustrated. Passport 3 Katie 0.

Ron told me to take the photo back to Walgreen's and demand a refund because they did it wrong. He took a new, and much better picture, for me there. Then it came time to pay and we had already chit chatted about my trip, he told me that I didn't have to pay for the new picture since he really liked what I was doing. Passport 3 God 1 Katie 0.

I did end up getting my money back for the previously poorly taken passport photo. From there on out my day didn't go much smoother, lots of snags with financial aid because of PHEAA which I am about ready to scream about and have SFS's phone number memorized. BUT I got approved to work extra hours from my boss's boss, and my boss is totally cool with me picking up extra hours whenever I need to.

So, from here on out I will be busy and memorizing room numbers of the boys who sign girls in all the time.

5 comments:

  1. Ugh. Passport ick can be so frustrating. I once had my passport stolen in the mail. Yep, that makes for awesomeness and some serious spiritual warfare since we were headed on a medical mission trip and almost had to delay departure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eek! Praying that that does not happen to me. I need my passport ASAP to give the number to Mercyhurst to complete my Study Abroad application.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ron is greet he did mine to come here and had it expedited even faster when I told my need...for free. He send it first class instead of standard!
    Did you think doing something for God would be easy???? Satan doesnt want you there...remember that but then remember that God IS BIGGER!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. He said I should get it in 4 to 6 weeks, so I don't know if that means he did anything to get it quicker for me or not.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is awesome that you are doing this. Best of luck with your ventures Katie :) also Ron was hilarious and super nice to me as well.

    ReplyDelete