Monday, January 14, 2013

Lost, Found, and Generalities.

So today I sent in my final confirmation that I will be going to Haiti.

But with me nothing is that easy.

In order to send in my final confirmation, I had to send in my name as it appears on my passport and birthday. I'm brilliant and was 100% positive that under name it would say "Katie Lynn Jobczynski" and under birthday "February 25, 1992" but being myself I wanted to make absolutely sure of that. So I went to obtain my passport from the proper spot and it... wasn't... there. At first I laughed about it. Mostly because of the ridiculousness of getting my Passport in 2011.. when I lost my social security card. But then I started to panic.



I went through the appropriate 7 Stages of Grief. With far less expletives than our giraffe friend above did.

And prayed the whole time for God to open my eyes as to where my Passport was. So while I was going through the third storage container under my bed, I stumbled across my old camera bag. This reminded me of how I put my Passport in my new camera bag.

And wouldn't you know. There was my Passport.

So, it's all official. Port au Prince, here I come.



No comments:

Post a Comment