Saturday, February 4, 2012

an overdue update

things have been incredibly crazy for me lately. tonight is no exception. i write with a heavy heart as my little bird is dying. i'm praying that he makes it until monday so i can take him to the vet's office and get some answers as to why he is so sick.

anyways, last i had updated i received my passport and had gotten most of my shots. now i can write and say that i have ALL my shots, and have turned in my study abroad application. this is really great because it is one less thing i have to worry about right now.

school is extremely busy for me right now, i have finally finished having to go for one practicum and still have two visits left at another. i have a few write ups to complete for both sites as well as a history research paper that is due monday. please pray that i can continue to stay focused and driven to complete my assignments because i am getting to the point where i am just ready to be done.

a bit of a praise report, a family friend donated a very large amount of money to me for my trip, even though i have INSISTED against it. so, i have started to purchase some (ha) school supplies to take with me. as per Kate's requests, i have 600 sheets of construction paper, 60 pencils, 10 black pens, 10 red pens,  12 glue sticks, and over a thousand stickers. and that's just the tip of the ice burg. i also found 20 "fun" pencils. there are 10 girly printed ones (flowers, polka dots, hearts) and 10 boyish patterns (stars, "super"), 6 butterfly erasers, a deck of crazy eights, a deck of go fish, a deck of old maid, number silly bands, a winnie the pooh coloring book, a scooby too coloring book, letter recognition matching cards, word building match cards, and number cards. these students have no clue that every time i step foot into a store i am thinking of them and what i can purchase to take down for them! this makes my heart swell with grace.

i think that this feeling is something like what Jesus feels for us ALL THE TIME. we feel as though we are great and that we have all that we need, but Jesus is sitting there going "you have NO idea what is coming for you!" i feel like this for my future students. they little idea as to how crazy, excited this college student from a place that gets snow is to meet them, and love them, and teach them, and positively reinforce them through awesome school supplies and be crazy and make them laugh and pray that something that i am doing is absorbed into their minds.

but anyways! so far i have only spent 1/10 of the gift that i was given on these treasures. so, i will fill one duffel bag with the school supplies, then i will use the rest of the money to help pay for sending it down because it costs extra for each extra bag that you put in cargo.

as of last monday, a team from my church has been working in Cap Haitian. i am so excited to be kept updated on what they are doing while they are down there. please pray for their safety while they travel back this week.

i still think about this all and how crazy this still is and how blessed i am to have such a wonderful opportunity through a school i never initially saw myself going to. God led me through a winding path to get me where i am today. all i can do is thank and praise Him for all that he has done, is doing, and will do for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment