Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Flights, Insurance, and the End of Term

Today marks the last day of finals for Mercyhurst University (catch that? we're a University now). I had my last final Monday so this week has been pretty low key for me, other than working in McAuley as often as possible. I finished all of my last projects with confidence that I worked to the best of my ability despite ending it all with a nasty cold.

As far as travel plans go, everything is looking fantastic! I have my flights there and back booked, and my travel insurance squared away. I will be flying out of Erie on Tuesday, March 13th at night, arriving in Philadelphia to catch a flight to Ft. Lauderdale. I will then spend the night in the airport, which will save me about $100, then fly into Cap Haitian on the morning of March 14th. For coming home all of my flights are on the same day, April 30th, which just so happens to be my mom's birthday. It was so nerve wracking to plan all of this travel, but I had the help of Julie Thompson, the grad assistant in the Education Department. She had planned all of my flights and found the Travel Insurance for me as well. We picked a plan that included natural disasters, and was also manageable cost wise.

Packing wise, I have lots of school supplies to take for my 19 students. I still have to finish my dresses, but I DID bring my serger up from the basement so I can learn how to use it before I make the dresses. I have made a few small baby blankets to take down and pass out at the clinic or orphanage.

My excitement is building. But so are my nerves. Praying for God's strength and courage to get me through these last few weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment