Thursday, January 12, 2012

answered prayers

"I asked God to let me see his presence in everything. So he gave me eyes." - David Bowden


it's funny how life works. 


i have started journaling again. mostly just my prayers as a way to be more deliberate about prayer. writing keeps my mind focused and my hands busy. i was never a big journal-er when i was younger, mostly because i felt my life much too insignificant to document.


"dear diary, today i went to school. i think i love some boy. i got into an argument with my friends"


why would i want to go back and relive those days?


but now i feel that God has laid the pen upon my heart for other reasons.


one of my constant prayers is that each day God will provide me with someone whom i can serve. David Bowden's words "answered" my prayer. there are so many people who need a bit of light, you just have to look into the darkness to find them.


i've always been afraid of the dark.


but my God is the purest light that ever was, is, and is to come.


so into the dark i will go.

No comments:

Post a Comment