Saturday, November 2, 2013

Where did October go?

Here is a quick update on how things are progressing since October has come and passed.

On November 1st I purchased my plane tickets from Erie to Ft. Lauderdale, Ft. Lauderdale to Haiti.

I will fly out of Erie on January 7th in the evening, then I will fly into Cap Haitian the following morning. On January 20th I will fly out of Cap Haitian, and on January 21st I will fly into Erie by 3:30 PM. If all goes well I will be going to youth that evening weeeeeee.

Since I will have a day in between flying back to the states and flying back home I am currently debating whether or not to book a hotel room for that evening. I am currently leaning in that direction, but that can still be up in the air due to cost. Staying in a hotel would be ideal however, since I will be arriving in the states around noon on the 20th and leaving Ft. Lauderdale around 10 AM on the 21st. I have planned my flights this way to hopefully plan ahead in case there are any delays in flights from Haiti.

I have been able to make appointments with my primary doctor for a flu shot, and my travel doctor for an updated Typhoid vaccination, prescriptions for anti-malarial and antibiotics. This has been a blessing, however I know that the travel doctor appointment is going to be expensive. If I remember correctly, this appointment will cost around $100.

Financially, I am still behind. I have raised $850, but still have a remaining balance of $750. I have been making and selling items as fast as I possibly can, which has been a blessing, but there is just over two months until I leave for Haiti and must be fully funded.

If you wish to donate you can follow this link to my donation page: http://www.gofundme.com/4m5uc8

I am so thankful and blessed by your prayers and support. It is definitely appreciated as this term has been a lot more strenuous than I had originally anticipated.

"And my God will liberally supply (fill to the full) your every need according to His riches in glory in Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:19

No comments:

Post a Comment