Monday, April 30, 2012

A Night in the Airport, Round Two


Whew, it has been a long day. I guess the only way to explain why I am staying in an airport AGAIN, is to start at the beginning. The morning started with Danielle, Andrew, Stewart and I all heading to the airport with Rick, Andrew's father driving. Rick got a call from Matt, one of the teacher from the seminary who was heading back on the IBC flight from Ft. Lauderdale. He told Rick that the flight had to turn back around to Ft. Lauderdale because of mechanical issues. Our flight was scheduled to board at 9:30 AM, this was 8 AM, and the flight is two and a half hours long. So I prayed in the backseat on the way to the airport. Andrew was flying to Port, so he got into a different terminal. Stewart, Danielle and I waited in the IBC terminal. Around 10 AM Stewart left for his Miami flight. Danielle and I prayed and read the Word, we had no news about when the flight would be there. We met a couple teams from Oklahoma and Florida, we stayed with them and one of them let me use their phone to call my Dad and let him know what was going on.

So we continued to wait... and wait... and wait... Soon all of the IBC staff left. We heard news that if the plane did not come Tuesday, then it would not come at all. So we continued to wait. We were hungry and desperate for any sort of news. We entertained ourselves by talking about our passions, what we did in Haiti and card games. Finally we heard word that the plane would be arriving around 4:30 PM. The plane thankfully did, so we boarded and left at 5:00 PM.

I can officially say that I've been to the Bahamas. We had to stop there for a quick refuel.

Danielle and I finally arrived in Ft. Lauderdale at 9:00 PM. We got through immigration quickly. BUT we ended up missing all of our flights out.

So here we are.

In Ft. Lauderdale airport.

(Again.)

No comments:

Post a Comment